Delaware Head Huggers is the state of Delaware Chapter of Head Huggers, an organization founded in Maryland in 2001. Delaware Head Huggers collects hand-made hats for patients undergoing chemotherapy, as well as those recovering from brain surgery and burns. Delaware Head Huggers began in November, 2009 and since then, has distributed almost 5,000 hats to cancer centers, hospitals and individuals.
Each month, just causes — like non-profit organizations, start-up companies with game-changing ideas or people with a personal passion — are encouraged to apply for your Just’Cause grant by nominating your cause here (see Nominate Your Just’Cause above). Get started these easy ways:
- Tell us about your cause (by commenting on our nomination form to a maximum 100 words);
- Send us links to your cause (website, Facebook, more);
- Send us for our upload videos or photos of your cause that you produce or possess, and
- Encourage your cause’s cheerleaders and friends to follow NOISE on Facebook and post your cause’s name on our wall
- Encourage your friends and followers to vote for your cause here via poll on right (vote for up to five causes!).
At the end of each month, votes will be tallied with one winner awarded $2,500 of NOISE services to help their cause — at no charge — and we’ll do it all over again, for 10 months, to celebrate our 25 years in business with $25,000 giving back.